Gearing up for Ask Your Pharmacist Week 2016
The NPAâ€™s annual Ask Your Pharmacist Week kicks off on Monday 7 November, giving UK pharmacists a public platform to highlight the important services they provide in the community. This yearâ€™s theme will be â€˜Ask Your Pharmacist about Medicines and Moreâ€™, a broad remit that allows pharmacies and pharmacy stakeholders to concentrate on local priorities.
NPA Head of Communications Stephen Fishwick said earlier in the year that the 2016 campaign would have a greater focus in using digital assets to promote pharmacy, and would involve a larger social media presence than in previous years.Â
A range of AYP materials have been made available on the NPA website, including promotional press materials, templates for social media posts and local newspaper columns, a Medicines and More window poster and leaflet and a PowerPoint presentation to support promotional activities.
Activities taking place during AYP Week typically include:Â
- Visits by mayors and MPs to pharmacies
- Public exhibitions (in libraries, shopping centres, sporting venues and town halls)
- Pharmacists on local radio and columns in local newspapers
- Window displays in independent pharmacies
- Pharmacists presenting to local community groups
- NHS commissioners, pharmacy students, health charities and others supporting the week on social media to encourage people to make more and better use of their pharmacies.
Understand the important role oral rehydration products play in helping prevent dehydration after illness
Discover the key benefits of Guardium so you can recommend this PPI with confidence to help ease heartburn and acid reflux symptoms